Indiana TIPS Certification - IN TIPS Training
Responsible alcohol training for sellers and servers of alcohol is mandated by the state of Indiana. Servers and sellers are required to hold an Employee Permit to sell or serve alcoholic beverages in Indiana. Once you have completed the eTIPS course you must apply with the State of Indiana for your server permit. Visit the State of Indiana website here to apply for your permit once you have completed your eTIPS certification course..
TIPS is an ATC approved program and is accepted state-wide in Indiana.If you are looking to train your staff, please visit our Group Training page!
Who Should Be TIPS Certified?
Anyone who serves alcohol in an Indiana-licensed establishment should take this training and receive their certification. TIPS certification is also required by many insurance companies. In addition, having your staff TIPS certified may reduce you liquor liability insurance!
- Bar Backs
- ID Checkers
- Grocery, liquor, and convenience store clerks and managers.
Follow These Easy Steps Below to get TIPS Certified
- Enroll in our class by clicking on one of the "Buy Now" buttons above.
- Complete the TIPS alcohol certification course online at your own pace.
- Pass the certification exam. You have 30 days to complete the course.
- If you fail the final exam you have one additional attempt to pass at no charge.
- Print your TIPS certificate as proof of your online certification.
- Visit the State of Indiana website and apply for your server permit.
- Receive your permanent TIPS certification card by US mail in 7 to 10 business days.
The eTIPS On-Premise course addresses concerns specific to restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, and other establishments where the alcohol is consumed on-premise.
The eTIPS Off-Premise course addresses concerns specific to grocery, liquor and package stores where the alcohol is consumed off the premises. The course focuses on recognizing signs of intoxication, preventing underage sales as well as second party sales.
Alcohol service laws are governed by: Indiana Alcohol & Tobacco Commission
Indiana Alcohol Laws
This information has been provided to us by the regulating agency and is believed to be correct. However, laws and regulations may change at any time, and the information provided should not be relied upon in place of official documents. For more information or clarification, consult the regulatory body for this jurisdiction directly.
|Age to Consume
|Age to Pour
|Age to Sell
|Age to Serve
|*19 year olds may sell and apply with the state after completion of approved course.
*19 & 20 year olds may serve apply for a restricted permit with the state after completion of approved course.
Get TIPS Certified in 3 Hours
100% Online Mobile Friendly Courses