Wisconsin TIPS Certification - TIPS Training
Responsible alcohol training is mandated by the State of Wisconsin Department of Revenue. Any person who sells or serves alcoholic beverages in the state of Wisconsin must hold a Wisconsin Bartenders License or Wisconsin Operators License.
Both licenses require the person to take and pass a Wisconsin-approved responsible alcohol course. eTIPS is a Wisconsin Department of Revenue-approved course. The certification must be renewed every two years.
You must first take and pass an approved course and then apply for your license in person at your local city clerk's office. We have provided a link to Wisconsin town's Municipal Offices list to help below.
The eTIPS On-Premise Course is approved and accepted state-wide in Wisconsin.If you are looking to train your staff, please visit our Group Training page!
ANSI 2 Hour Food Hanler Course:
The Package buttons above include both the Wisconsin alcohol server course and the 2-hour ANSI approved Food Handler Course. This 100% online Food Handler course is 2 hours in length and covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
This ANSI-ASTM approved online course will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and reduces risks.
Read More on our Food Handler Course Page.
Who Should Be TIPS Certified?
Anyone who serves alcohol in a Wisconsin licensed establishment must take this training and receive their certification so they may apply for a Bartenders or Operators license at their local city clerks office. TIPS certification is also required by many insurance companies. In addition, having your staff TIPS certified may reduce you liquor liability insurance!
- Bar Backs
Follow These Easy Steps Below to get You License
- Enroll in our class by clicking on the "Buy Now" button above.
- Complete the TIPS alcohol certification course online at your own pace.
- Pass the certification exam. You have 30 days to complete the course.
- If you fail the final exam you have one additional attempt to pass at no charge.
- Print your TIPS certificate as proof of your online certification.
- Receive your permanent TIPS certification card by US mail in 7 to 10 business days.
- Take your certificate of completion to your local City Clerks Office.
- You will have to fill out their application. They will help you with your correct license.
- Bartender and Operator Licenses are valid only in the one local municipality that issued it. If you move to a different town/city you will have to re-apply there.
- Here is a partial list of smaller Wisconsin towns Municipal Offices. Simply Google "my city" Clerks Office.
The eTIPS On-Premise course addresses concerns specific to restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, and other establishments where the alcohol is consumed on-premise. This course is approved by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
Alcohol service laws are governed by: Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Wisconsin Alcohol Laws
This information has been provided to us by the regulating agency and is believed to be correct. However, laws and regulations may change at any time, and the information provided should not be relied upon in place of official documents. For more information or clarification, consult the regulatory body for this jurisdiction directly.
|Age to Consume
|Age to Pour
|Age to Sell
|Age to Serve
Get TIPS Certified in 3 Hours
100% Online Mobile Friendly Courses