TIPS Alcohol Online Training Course - Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the most frequently asked questions from TIPS Online participants. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com.
How can multiple people use the same computer to take eTIPS?
In order for eTIPS to work properly when more than one person is using the computer, it needs to be absolutely sure each student is who it thinks they are. When multiple people are taking eTIPS from the same computer, this can get confusing to the software. In order to assure that this does not create confusion when taking exams, after each student exits the course, please go to the following URL in the web browser on that computer:
This link logs a student entirely out of the web site, so that the next student must log in (and, by doing so, verify their identity to the system).
How do I return to an eTIPS Course?
If you exit from the course, you may return to the course with the following instruction:
- Click on the red "Returning Student Login" Button below.
- Enter your password in the space provided. When you register a random password is generated and sent to the email address you specified at that time
- Click on the "Sign In" button.
- If you have forgotton your password, you may click on the "forgotten password" link.
After logging in the screen should change and then a window should open with the course. If that does not happen, follow the on-screen instructions to launch the course window.
When I try to login, I receive the error message "The information you entered could not be validated". I know I entered my email address and password correctly..what happened?
It's possible that more than one registration on our web site carries that email address. Either you have multiple registrations, or other people in your organization used your email address when registering accidentally or on purpose. If that occurs, the email address may not match the password you gave. You will need to use your first and last name, spelled out, as your username in that instance.
How long is my eTIPS Certification valid?
eTIPS certification (card) is valid for 3 years. At that time, you must retake the course. There is no "renewal" or "test out" procedure.
How can I review my certification after taking the class?
A Personal Training Portal is set up for every eTIPS user that allows them to view their records. To access the portal and review your certification records:
Go to http://www.gettips.com
- Sign in using your full name, and the random password that was created and emailed to you when you registered.
- After signing in, click the button labeled "Enter Training Portal"
- Click on "Participation History"
- Click on "My Participation Records". The training information will be displayed at the bottom.
Training for Intervention ProcedureS
Health Communication, Inc. - Arlington, VA.
Over 2 million responsible alcohol certifications!