TIPS Alcohol Online Training Course - Frequently Asked Questions
The following are the most frequently asked questions from TIPS Online participants. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected].
What is the difference between the "On Premise" and "Off Premise" course?
The course content is designed around the circumstances that the alcohol is sold to the customer. The "On Premise" course is intended for staff that serves alcohol by the drink that is served on the premises at bars and restaurants. The "Off Premise" course is intended for staff that sells package liquor that will be consumed off the premises of liquor and convenience stores.
Can I take the TIPS online course on my mobile phone?
Yes! The eTIPS certificaion courses are mobile friendly.
Is the TIPS online course MAC compatible?
Yes! The eTIPS certificaion courses are designed to work on both MAC and Windows computers.
eTIPS Certification online or TIPS Certification in a classroom?
Both TIPS certification courses cover the same material. The advantages of taking the eTIPS course online are:
- The online eTIPS course is convenient. You may take it at your own pace in your own home.
- You may take the eTIPS course all at once or in multiple sittings and even on multiple devices.
- The online eTIPS courses takes 2-3 hours to complete where a typical classroom course takes 4 hours.
- Cost. The online eTIPS course costs $40.00 per student. Classroom courses are typically $50.00-$70.00 ea.
- Cost. The online eTIPS course saves on gas charges since you can take it at home!
- With the online eTIPS course you may go backwards and review information you have already seen. Hard to do in a classroom with 15 to 30 people.
How long is the TIPS online course?
The eTIPS online course is typically completed in 2-3 hours. Participants can take it all in one sitting or log in and log out as needed to complete the course.
How do I get TIPS certified?
Most people now take the TIPS course entirely online. It an be completed in 2-3 hourse.
- Purchase the course you need on our state page that you will work in by clicking on the purchase button. Provide you information and pay on the shopping cart page..
- You may start the course right away or return to your course by loggin in on this website.
- Complete the course and you may print out a certificate of completion to provide your employer if needed.
- You will receive your official TIPS card by mail within 7-14 days.
How long do I have to complete my eTIPS online course?
Once you purchase your eTIPS online course you will have 30 days to complete the course. The course will lock our after 30 days in not completed and a second course will have to be purchased.
What happens if I fail the course?
Don't worry! If you fail the course you will have a second attempt to complete the course and pass the test at no extra charge!
How long is my eTIPS Certification valid?
eTIPS certification (card) is valid for 3 years most all states. At that time, you must retake the course. There is no "renewal" or "test out" procedure.
How can I review my certification after taking the class?
A Personal Training Portal is set up for every eTIPS user that allows them to view their records. To access the portal and review your certification records simple return to this website and log into your account by clicking on the "Log In" menu button.
- Sign in using username and password you entered when you registered.
- After signing in, you will be able to view your purchases, check your records and print certificates for completed courses.
Do you have a refund policy?
Yes! You may read it here.
You may call us toll free at 1-877-851-7272 with any questions about the
TIPS Alcohol Training online class.