Tennessee ABC Server Permit Training Online
Responsible Alcohol Server training is mandatory in the state of Tennessee. Anyone who serves alcohol by the drink including. Managers are required to take the training from an approved provider. TIPS is an approved class. All liquor-serving employees must successfully complete an approved course and receive their ABC Server Permit from the State of Tennessee to work in a licensed establishment..
Tennessee has a unique law in that all students MUST register with the State of Tennessee ABC Website prior to purchasing and registering for the course. Go to the state website here to register prior to purchasing!
Once you have registered you will receive your RLPS number. It will look something like this: 21A-ABCD-EFG-000000. You will need to provide your RLPS number when registering for the course and prior to paying for the course.
The State of Tenessee will charge you an additional state filing fee when we upload your ABC Server Permit Certification to the State.. That fee will be added into your cart. The current fee is $15.00 per person. That fee applies to all course providers both in person and online. The State may change that fee at any time per their discretion.
Classroom Training in Nashville ABC Server Permit
If you would prefer to take your ABC Server Permit training in a classroom with an instructor, we recommend the Professional Bartending School in Nashville. They offer ABC Server Permit training to the public. You do NOT have to be a student of the school. They offer the class most every Sunday from 10am to 3pm.They have been training in Nashville since 1992. Call them at (615) 885-5800 or visit their website page: ABC Server Permit.If you are looking to train your staff, please visit our Group Training page!
Follow These Easy Steps Below to Enroll & get RBS TIPS Certified
- Go to the Tennessee ABC Website Portal and register to receive your RLPS server ID number. The State website is not very mobile friendly so you may need to use a computer. You will be required by the State of Tennessee to pay a $20.00 fee for your registration. You must have your Tennessee RLPS Server ID prior to signing up for our course!
- Enroll in our class by clicking on the red "BUY NOW " button above, enter your information including your RLPS Server ID and pay for the course. The course is $40.00 and does NOT include the State's fee.
- Complete the TIPS alcohol certification course online at your own pace.
- Pass the certification exam. You have 30 days to complete the course.
- If you fail the final exam you have one additional attempt to pass at no charge.
- Print your TIPS certification card as proof of your online certification.
- 360Training/TIPS will upload your completion to the State's database and you may print out your Server Permit from your account at the ABC Portal. The State no longer mails out Server Permits.
- Receive your Tips Card by US mail in 7 to 10 business days.
- Your Tennessee ABC Server Permit is valid for 5 years.
Tennessee Alcohol Laws
This information has been provided to us by the regulating agency and is believed to be correct. However, laws and regulations may change at any time, and the information provided should not be relied upon in place of official documents or legal advice. For more information or clarification, consult the regulatory body for this jurisdiction directly.
|Age to Consume||18|
|Age to Pour||18|
|Age to Sell||18|
|Age to Serve||18|
Acceptable Forms of ID - Tennessee
- A valid driver's license issued by federal, state, county, or municipal government.
- A valid passport.
- A valid passport card.
- Green Card
- Concealed Carry Permit
Get TIPS Certified in 3 Hours
100% Online Mobile Friendly Courses