TIPS Off-Premise Alcohol Training Approved States
The Off-Premise (for liquor stores, grocery stores, convenience stores and gas stations) TIPS Alcohol Online Training course is valid/accepted in these states with more approvals coming.
TIPS Off Premise Training Online is Approved or Accepted in These States:
|Nevada||New Hampshire*||New Jersey||New York|
|North Carolina||North Dakota||Oklahoma||Ohio|
|Pennsylvania||Rhode Island||South Carolina*||South Dakota|
* Some states have special conditions. These will popup when you type in your address and state on the registration page before you are asked to pay.
TIPS Off Premise Training Online is Also Approved by These Agencies:
- Illinois Liquor Control Commission - BASSETT
- New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA) ATAP
- Rhode Island Department of Mental Health, Retardation and Hospitals
- Utah Department of Human Services
- Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB) Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST)
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue - Wisconsin Bartending License
- California - BASSET alcohol training is not mandatory in the State of Illinois, however many municipalities in the State of Illinois do require BASSET training. You are advised to check your local ordinances to see if BASSET training is mandatory to be employed at the establishment of your choice. TIPS On-Premise course is fully-approved by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission BASSET program.
- Illinois - BASSET alcohol training is not mandatory in the State of Illinois, however many municipalities in the State of Illinois do require BASSET training. You are advised to check your local ordinances to see if BASSET training is mandatory to be employed at the establishment of your choice. TIPS On-Premise course is fully-approved by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission BASSET program.
- Massachusetts - Responsible alcohol training is NOT required by the state of Massachusetts. However, Massachusetts is one of the largest TIPS Alcohol certification
states. Many Massachusetts cities and towns have made TIPS training mandatory and most of the major liquor liability insurance companies require
Massachusetts bars to have all of their staff TIPS certified.
Having your TIPS certification card when you apply for a liquor serving job in Massachusetts may improve your chances of being hired since you are already certified and ready to go to work. Be prepared, get certified in advance!
- New York - As of November 17th, 2011, eTIPS online On Premise, an online training and certification program for servers, was approved by the New York State Liquor
Authority (NYSLA). The NYSLA sets the minimum standards for and certifying schools to provide ATAP (Alcohol Training Awareness Program) training. The
NYSLA has also approved the off-premise and gaming courses.
Even though ATAP training is not currently mandatory in the state of New York, TIPS training is required by thousands of New York alcohol serving establishments.The NYSLA encourages the training by considering it a mitigating factor if a liquor violation was to occur and there hadn't been any previous violations in the past 5 years. The training also provides servers of alcohol with the knowledge to recognize potential alcohol-related problems and how to intervene to prevent possible alcohol-related tragedies.
- Nevada - Responsible alcohol training is NOT required by the state of Nevada. However, Carson City, Reno and Las Vegas do regulate online alcohol training. The TIPS On-Premise (as well as Off-Premise and Gaming) online course is approved by all three cities. In addition, many gaming and resort establishments have made TIPS alcohol training mandatory for their staff that serves alcohol.
- Rhode Island - Responsible alcohol training is MANDATORY in the state of Rhode Island. TIPS Alcohol Training Online is accepted statewide in Rhode Island. When you enter your information on the sign up page and choose "Rhode Island", you will see a red message that says "eTIPS is approved for use per the state's mandatory training law."
- New Hampshire - TIPS is accepted statewide in New Hampshire for all servers of alcohol except new liquor license holders. New Hampshire laws state that new bar owners: "It is mandatory for any new licensee or his/her designee to attend a management training seminar, developed and provided by the State Liquor Commission within 45 days of issuance of the license. This requirement applies to both on premise and off premise licensees. This requirement does not apply to anyone holding a license as of the effective date (September 9, 2001)."
- Wisconsin - Responsible alcohol training is MANDATORY in the state of Wisconsin. TIPS On-Premise Alcohol Training Online and TIPS Off-Premise Alcohol Training Online
are approved by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and is accepted statewide in Wisconsin. Anyone who serves alcohol in the State of Wisconsin should take
this training in order to receive their Wisconsin Bartending License from their local liquor authority. Managers, owners, liquor store clerks, grocery
store clerks and gas station clerks should take this course.
Once you successfully complete our 2 to 3 hour onine course, you may immediately print your temporary certification. We understand you need this certification to work and have made it available immediately!
After completing our course, the next step for you is to take your completion certificate from our course to your local liquor authority to register and get your actual license to serve alcohol in the community you work in. Wisconsin issues these licenses in each town/city/county and they are only valid in that community.
We know you have a tough schedule and that's why we offer live telephone support to make sure you don't waste time if you're in need of technical assistance.
You may call us toll free at 1-877-541-3555 with any questions about the
TIPS Alcohol Training online class.